Monday, March 29, 2010

Topic Proposal

Jerene C. Morrison
Eng 101
Topic Proposal
Darrow
29 Mar 2010
Ever since the eighth grade, I have always wanted to be a veterinarian or a small, domestic animal veterinarian, to be more specific. I must admit that I have done loads of research in the past on just veterinarians for high school, but what I really want to do now is research on what it takes to be the veterinarian that I would like to become. The reason why is because I enjoy being around animals, it is difficult for me to go for a day without seeing an animal, I do not mind taking care of them, animals like me, because I help take care of them, it is a job to where I can apply my brain and get away from the house, and I feel like I can be a natural at being a vet, at times. Also, I would like to clarify myself on several other things, such as admissions to vet schools and obtaining a license, to ensure that I am taking the proper path and learning what I need to know.
The reason why I want and need to learn what I need to know is so that I can help out animal patients without accidentally killing them or injuring them more. I am already aware that, as a vet, I would have to euthanize some animals, know my math, and understand my sciences. So far, the only things that I am not aware of is how to handle animals properly, deal with animal owners who may want to interfere, while the vet is working with their pets, and a few other things that I may have or have not heard about, which I may have to talk to my family’s vet about and do research on, as well. In the meantime, I will review over what I already know and report my findings, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment