Friday, April 9, 2010

Interview/Observations Response

Jerene C. Morrison
Eng 101
Interview/Observations assignment
Darrow
9 Apr 2010

When I first walked into an animal hospital, it was quiet and everyone seemed busy, so I sat down and started making my observations. While I was making my observations, I started mentally analyzing why objects were in the spots that they were in and what they were for. Eventually, I drew up conclusions and continued taking notes, until it was closing time. The next day, I came back and observed one of the vets, only to find that they had come a long way to get where they are, today . They had also graduated from one of the vet schools that I want to attend, not too long ago. Judging by the questions that they answered from me, along with a regular conversation, I had learned a couple of new things that I did not know about before, which I am hoping to remember, later on, because they are important to have and know for the career. The vet even gave me great advice on what to be aware of before and when applying to a vet school. They also told me one of the challenges that they face, as well as a couple of the safety precautions, which I plan to include in my paper, because it was helpful. What makes it helpful is that it can keep me, as well as others who want to become vets, from making those mistakes. Also, it can be a great addition to the admissions and job part of the essay as supporting evidence. Unfortunately, I will not reveal what those are or what else I have learned, since I would like to save it for my essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment